Founded by Prince Ezeabata Chibuzor in 2019 in University of Abuja is an initiative that brings writers, upcoming writers, poets and young Nigerians who are keen and eager to grow their creative skills and develop their interests in Creative writing. It aims at building a generation of young people who shall be relevant, and innovative for the future. ACW is a world were excellence and success is celebrated.

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Mishael Abaniwo: Ambitious Young Inventor Dreaming to Solve Nigeria's Power Problem


 Misheal Abaniwo: Ambitious Young Inventor Dreaming to Solve Nigeria’s Power Problem 



A student in the department of English and Literary Studies would normally enjoy exploring literary works. But here is Misheal Abaniwo, also known as “Mhizta Mike invention”, the English student at the University of Abuja ingeniously inventing gadgets with the dream of solving Nigeria’s power problem.


In this short interview with ACW-UA Press, Misheal, who won the 'Best Creative' at ACW-UA Summit in March, spoke about his source of inspiration and his dream of making tools that better the lives of Nigerians.  


(The interview has been edited for brevity and clarity)


ACW-UA Press: Introduce yourself and what you do


Mike: I am Misheal Abaniwo, also known as “Mhizta Mike Invention”. I attended Harmony International School, and I am presently studying English and Literary Studies at the University of Abuja. I am from Kogi state. 


I am an inventor. I tend to create devices that would better the lives of Nigerians and the world at large. I love creativity a lot.


ACW-UA Press: What are your motivations and dreams? 


Mike: I am motivated to build these devices because of the problems I encountered while growing up. I understand that Nigeria has a lot of problems in terms of electricity, lights and water; I thought of a way to use my creative ability to solve some of these problems and by the grace of God I have been able to solve some problems to a certain level.


The dreams I have for my invention are big. I always think of different ways in which I can improve myself. I also engaged in the enlightenment of young students about tech devices and how they can build theirs. I also dream of taking my inventions to the next level — the international level.


ACW-UA Press: What are some of your useful (and favourite) inventions?



Mike: My favourite Invention is the L1 separator. When I got the idea of building this device, I developed it in 5 minutes. It's a device that can separate rice for corn, rice from beans, and rice from millet. So this device can separate mixed grains in a short time (2 minutes), which will take a person a very long time to separate. What motivated me to make this device was when I was asked by my mom to separate rice from millet. I knew it would be hard for me to do, and I don't like stress, so I built this device that fixed that problem.


I have built a comfortable number of devices which are L1 separators, L2 separators, mini power stations, smart watches, ring lights, MP3, cars, robots, smart glass chips, sound focus devices, mini ring lights and big ring lights.


I used a carton to make it. It runs on battery, salt water, and solar. It powers little devices like bulbs and small batteries, and it can charge small phones as well. 


ACW-UA Press: Which Nigeria problem are you interested in solving, and what does it require to make it happen? 



Mike: The problem I am most interested in solving is power issues. Many parts of Nigeria happen to face this issue (lack of power); so I am strategizing on different devices to fix the problem. By the end of this year, I am planning on building a device called a ‘power station’; it would be able to power a TV, refrigerator, and other big electronics.


I need help in terms of finance. Many devices I had planned to build didn't come through because I didn't have the financial capability to build the materials needed. So, support financially will really help in solving different problems.



Post a Comment

0 Comments