Founded by Prince Ezeabata Chibuzor in 2019 in University of Abuja is an initiative that brings writers, upcoming writers, poets and young Nigerians who are keen and eager to grow their creative skills and develop their interests in Creative writing. It aims at building a generation of young people who shall be relevant, and innovative for the future. ACW is a world were excellence and success is celebrated.

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

ACW-UA PRESS RELEASE

 ACW-UA PRESS RELEASE


🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥


ACW-UA STUDENTS REFLECT: NAVIGATING FIRST SEMESTER EXAMS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA.



📌📌📌📌📌📌📌📌📌📌📌📌


ACW-UA Head Of Press

Salihu Amra Onize Reports


✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽


As the first semester exams draw to a close, a moment of reflection beckons for members of the Association of Creative Writers - University of Abuja (ACW-UA). For these students, this examination period has been a litmus test of their mettle, marking the onset of their academic journey's earnest challenges. Juggling coursework, exam preparation, and adapting to university life presented formidable hurdles, but their tenacity and support from peers and faculty have seen them through.


Amid the fray, we engaged some students to gauge their pre-exam apprehensions, the trials they faced during exams, and their counsel to future test-takers.


A 100-level Veterinary Medicine student expressed, "I was anxious. I had gained admission late and had only attended one lecture, so I knew I had to burn the midnight oil. Commuting from home made it even more challenging, depriving me of sleep. However, I'd like to advise fellow students that despite feeling frustration, it's better to put in your best effort. Regretting unpreparedness is far worse."


Similarly, a 100-level Microbiology student shared, "In my previous exams, I was typically nervous from last-minute cramming. This time, I prepared consistently, entering the exam hall with calm confidence. The most daunting aspect was coping with exam time disruptions, often caused by invigilator delays. Waiting till Saturday for a Wednesday paper shook my confidence. My advice is to pray, prepare well in advance, and maintain a sense of calm."


Another 100-level student added, "Nervousness gripped me as it was my first university exam, and I feared failure. Researching extensively and managing time were daunting. For those facing their first exams, stay calm, study diligently without undue pressure, and remember, this is university; any form of malpractice can jeopardize your education."


For senior students, the final first semester exams were a culmination of years of dedication. Alongside academic pressure, they grappled with the stress of job hunting and post-graduation plans. Nevertheless, these seniors have gathered invaluable wisdom during their time at ACW-UA, which they eagerly impart to future generations.


Chijioke Christian, a final year Computer Science student, reflected on his journey: "There wasn't much time between my first and final years, but I've learned about socializing, stress management, leadership, and entrepreneurship. My perspective on exams remains steadfast; they are not the true test of knowledge, yet indispensable milestones. I plan to pursue further education or venture into the e-commerce industry while nurturing my writing passion."


The students' accounts unveil a gamut of emotions associated with exams. Their counsel to future test-takers underscores the significance of diligent preparation, stress management, and self-care during the exam period. Amidst the trials, they found solace in assessing their knowledge and skills, exemplifying the rollercoaster that is university life, punctuated by the resolute spirit required for success.

Post a Comment

0 Comments