Founded by Prince Ezeabata Chibuzor in 2019 in University of Abuja is an initiative that brings writers, upcoming writers, poets and young Nigerians who are keen and eager to grow their creative skills and develop their interests in Creative writing. It aims at building a generation of young people who shall be relevant, and innovative for the future. ACW is a world were excellence and success is celebrated.

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

ACW-UA PRESS : HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE COMRADE NIGHT AWARD EVENT

 ACW-UA PRESS RELEASE

πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE COMRADE NIGHT AWARD EVENT

🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

"Aluta Continua

Victoria Ascerta

No retreat no surrender

Amandla Awethu

Education is a right not a privilege

Solidarity is forever

No justice no peace

Kulu Temper"



In celebrating the Great Aluta spirit and student leadership in the University of Abuja, the Comrade Night which was convened by Honourable Yaro of the Faculty of Arts, was held on Friday 28th July 2023. 



The Event was graced with highly reputable personalities which included Past and present Stakeholders, Comrades, Students Leaders, Presidents, Honourable members and many more outstanding persons from the Ten faculties of the University of Abuja. 


A Major highlight of the event was the presentation of awards to highly deserving personalities of the University of Abuja. The award ceremony included over 20 categories won by different  personalities of excellence. 



Another major highlight of the event was the various interview sessions ACW-UA Press had with the notable awardees of the Comrade Night. 


Some of the questions asked were:


How do you feel about tonight



What were your highlights of today's event


What are your advice to the awardees and other students ?



Responses from the Guests are as follows :


From the Distinguished Senator Kaffo Emmanuel Olaitan, the President, Faculty of Law, University of Abuja;


Today's Comrades Night was very beautiful and unique. It was one of the best social events in the University of Abuja and history was made today. 


A major highlight of the program was that many Comrades across the ten faculties in the university were available alongside other stakeholders and past Presidents.


My advice to the awardees is that they should keep on doing what they do best and continue to project the school in every positive way. Other students should embrace the art of networking as life is beyond the Umiversity.


I wish to commend the convener of the event, Hon. Yaro from the Faculty of Arts. A big thank you to him and a shout out to all the Comrades in the University.


Thank you!.



The erstwhile president of the Faculty of Law, Mr Oche Ekoja ThankGod, who was the recipient for the Award of Excellence as the most consistent comrade in the University of Abuja 2022:


"I'm very grateful and ecstatic. I came to this university young and empty with the mindset of making good grades, graduating, and just going my way.

Thanks to the power of networking, I developed a very curious mind along the way, trying to understand who I was and still searching for the meaning of my life. It was at this university that I discovered the strength of faith and the dignity of working people even in the face of struggle and loss as well as the fact that changes happen when people get involved, get engaged and demand for it.  I genuinely appreciate all of the love and support I have received from the wonderful Uniabujites.

Thank you so much and God bless you all.


The event today is significant in the history of the University of Abuja; it was enjoyable and educational, and I got to meet some outstanding people both inside and outside the institution. It was also wonderful to see the various performances on stage, and I must admit that I was truly amazed. The award ceremony should, in my opinion, be held annually as a means of encouraging and honoring those students who have devoted their lives to serving others while they were still in school.

Big UPs to the event's organizers; they are the greatest.



Before I address the award recipients and other students, I'd want to thank a role model who taught me that "Greatest is not by the position you hold, but by your service to humanity" in the person of Abdulmalik Aliyu, the then-president faculty of Law University of Abuja. The greatest action you can ever perform in life—and I've trained myself to live this way—is service to humanity. No matter where you are in life, it's critical that you leave a positive impression."



Another Guest, Mr Solomon Okechukwu Ogbu (SoloTech) spoke to ACW-UA Press, relating his excitement in the following words:


"I feel very happy and excited seeing different faces I haven't seen before and many of them we have been friends on Social media but not PhysicalπŸ˜….


What were your Highlights of today's event?


The Comrade Night event has been something we all have been planning and expecting, but due to some power tussle issues it was cancelled by the School management.


The event gets to recognize those that has selflessly served the school and students via information dispensing or other means of making the school to be at ease for the students at large.

The Likes of Ochman, Zahbey, Campus Market, Fawzaan, Hon. Yaro and I (SoloTech), it was really a great honor having them as my Squad in Comradeship.😊


What are your Advice to the Awardees and other students?



To the awardees:


Congratulations on your achievement! Your hard work and dedication have paid off.


Use this recognition as motivation to continue striving for excellence in your chosen field.


Stay humble and open-minded, as there is always room for growth and learning.


Remember to appreciate the support of your Lecturers, mentors, and peers who contributed to your success.



To other students:


Embrace a growth mindset – view challenges as opportunities for learning and improvement.


Set clear goals and work diligently towards them, step by step.


Seek guidance and support from mentors or Lecturers when needed.


Engage in extracurricular activities to broaden your skills and interests.


Balance your academic pursuits with time for relaxation and self-care".



The recipient for the Most Sophisticated Comrade award, another respected Comrade in person of Mr Benjamin Adekunle Onileowo ( Aluta Total), had an interview session with the ACW-UA press. According to him:


"I am grateful to the University Community and the Organizers of the Event for finding me worthy of being awarded as the Most Sophisticated Comrade of University of Abuja looking at my Sagacity and selfless service to the Students, since my days as a Pre-degree Student and now a Finalist.


3. The Event was a well organized one that brings back memories of our struggles and agitations so far in the University, and reunite comrades and leaders of Students. Kudos to the Organizer, they did a great job especially in giving out awards to respective personality based on merit.


3. Keep doing well to everyone that comes to your way, connect with your fellow students, and don't forget academic."



MARSHAL OSORACHUKWU

Founder, Corazon SPEAKS, also had his own special session with the press correspondent, in his words:


"Corazon SPEAKS being awarded the MOST INFLUENTIAL BRAND 2022 and celebrated for my achievements is incredibly validating. 


But there's also a sense of responsibility that comes with this recognition, knowing that I have an opportunity to use my influence to make a positive impact.


I'm thrilled and honored to be receiving this award. It's hard to put into words how meaningful this recognition is to me. 


I'm deeply grateful to the selection committee for recognizing my achievements and for believing in me. I also want to thank my friends, and colleagues who have supported me throughout this journey. 


Without them, I wouldn't be where I am today. The Comrade Night Award is a truly special moment, and I will always cherish it.


2. What were your highlights of today's event? 


The highlight for me was the feeling of immense gratitude and appreciation for all of the people who joined me on the stage to receive the award of THE MOST INFLUENTIAL BRAND.


From my comrades and friends, they have all played a role in my success. I also found it incredibly inspiring to be in the presence of so many other people who are making a difference in the university community and beyond. 


It reminded me that we all have the power to make a positive impact, no matter how big or small.


3. What is your advice to the awardees and other students? 


To my fellow awardees and all students, my advice is to never underestimate the power of determination and hard work.


Each of us has unique strengths and passions that can make a significant impact on the world. 


Embrace challenges as opportunities for growth, and always stay true to your values and principles. Remember, success comes from consistency and a willingness to learn from failures. 


So, keep striving for excellence, and don't be afraid to dream big and pursue your aspirations with unwavering dedication. Together, we can create a positive and meaningful difference in our communities and beyond.


I challenge them to stay true to themselves and to follow their passions. Don't be afraid to take risks, and don't be afraid to fail. 


The journey to success is often paved with many challenges, but it's also filled with incredible growth opportunities. 


I would also encourage them to stay humble, to always be learning, and to give back to their community. 


Finally, I would say to remember to take time to celebrate their successes, no matter how small. They are all important and meaningful."





These are some of the interviews recorded with some awardees after the success of the Comrade Night. It is interesting to note that a good number of them were part of the building blocks of ACW-UAπŸ‘πŸ₯Ή. Big congratulations to everyone of them from all of us at ACW-UA.



Post a Comment

0 Comments