Founded by Prince Ezeabata Chibuzor in 2019 in University of Abuja is an initiative that brings writers, upcoming writers, poets and young Nigerians who are keen and eager to grow their creative skills and develop their interests in Creative writing. It aims at building a generation of young people who shall be relevant, and innovative for the future. ACW is a world were excellence and success is celebrated.

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

ACW-UA POETRY : IWD2023. Godwin Alade's MOTHER'S GIFT.


MOTHER'S GIFT.

Indeed, you're Just as they said,
Beautifully and wonderfully made,
Your asset behind is a bundle of grenade,
I'm sorry, but let me call a spade a spade.

But, when I look at you closely,i see a bait,
Causing my eyelashes to blink with haste,
Because each time i gaze at your waist,
My spiritual consciousness becomes a waste.

With your beauty and shape Shade,
Your creator deserves an accolade.
God really made this, no be man-made
And it will take decades before it fades.

But, when I look at you from a distance,what do I see?
I see a lady causing confusion in the camp of men,
Making them lick their lips every now and then.
I see a woman whose hips make men bother,
But, who I'm I to chastise the gift you got from your mother?

I see a young lady,who after dressing ,is looking charming,
But doesn't know the number of men she's harming.
I see a young lady, attracting married men, with the load she's carrying,
And distracting the engaged ones, who will soon be marrying.

You're physically endowed with no doubt,
To the point that each time you go out,
Men will want to see what is shaking about,
They whisper to each other ;secretly they rout.

Shade, you're a young lady, age is on your side
But know that soon you'll become someone's bride.
And seductive dressing is not a marriageable man's pride,
Instead, the fragrance of beauty that springs from the inside.

Wear dress wey no go mess men,
Dress well, no go dey stress men.
Cover bodi, because you no fit impress men,
Undress for them; others go still possess them.

Blessed woman parading the territory,
Gifted lady, moving feet with tory-rory
Your mother's gift should give God glory,
Not to cause men to defile their matrimony.

Shade, abeg try dey cover your body,
No turn am to course for people to study.
#Happy International Women's Day.
#Cova Body jor.

© GwinrHymes_2023
ACW-UA POETRY 

Post a Comment

0 Comments