Founded by Prince Ezeabata Chibuzor in 2019 in University of Abuja is an initiative that brings writers, upcoming writers, poets and young Nigerians who are keen and eager to grow their creative skills and develop their interests in Creative writing. It aims at building a generation of young people who shall be relevant, and innovative for the future. ACW is a world were excellence and success is celebrated.

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

ACW-UA POETRY : published Kuma "Even If I Leave at Night". A metaphysical poem




EVEN IF I LEAVE AT NIGHT. 

Even if I leave at night,
I will be flown into the highest light. 
Do not weep for me,
Daughters of Jerusalem, for this was meant to be.
Back and forth
We move, wincing to find our worth,
But it's an irony in the highest scene,
And this is how it has always been. 

Like a prisoner with just an hour away from his freedom,
My heart rejoices at the thought of feasting in His holy kingdom.
In the morning, at noon,
My hope shines brightly like a full moon,
And the strings in my heart
And my spirit exclaim, 'Worthy Thou art.'

You have saved me, won't You help me? 
An object of Your mercy You have made me to be,
So let me sail with You
To the golden shore and be drenched with Your diamond dew. 

Slowly and fast
You return with Your reward so vast,
And I have taken off my filthy rag,
But in Your grace alone I brag.
I have washed my feet
That I may eat Your presence that is pleasing and sweet.

             © Kuma Esahsroi.

BACKGROUND OF THE POEM. 

This is very simply a poem of hope of eternity in glory, far from the misery of life here on earth.
Death of God's children has better hope and there's no need to weep for such a righteous person.
Though we are saved by God, we still need Him to make it home:" Won't You help me" plus one has to be prepared for His return to be a part of the everlasting feast.

Post a Comment

0 Comments