Founded by Prince Ezeabata Chibuzor in 2019 in University of Abuja is an initiative that brings writers, upcoming writers, poets and young Nigerians who are keen and eager to grow their creative skills and develop their interests in Creative writing. It aims at building a generation of young people who shall be relevant, and innovative for the future. ACW is a world were excellence and success is celebrated.

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

ACW-UA CHRONICLES present " I wish I hadn't known him". Episode one (1).

              EPISODE 1.
That friday after school, i looked through the window, the sky went tar-black and large clouds seems to move towards the north, alongside the wind blew strong and heavy. The cloud looked menaced in their glory threatening to empty themselves at the slightest invitation. 
I liked the fact it was about to rain, but it would have allowed me to get home before the fall.
I could see students with their school bags running out of the school gates in anticipation to get home.
I heard tappings on the windows and then it became a pitter-patter. Some pupils ran for cover outside and umbrellas was opened as the clouds spat out their beads of water. Puddles began plinking as the rainfall became heavier.
Parents rushed to pick their wards with their vehicles and it seem everyone was making their way home. The roof of the cars parked outside danced with spray and i could hear the murmuring of the rain hitting the windows and splashings through the opened classroom door.
 I was alone in class, the rowdy and noisy class is for once  quiet except for the echos of rain and lightening. My friend Ene who we both lived across the Riverside was absent that day, we would have talked about anything till the rain subside.
I kept staring through the window. The rain sounded like the buzzing of angry bees. It was swelting hot and humid. I could feel the heaviness of the moisture in the air weighing down on me and seeping through my school uniform.
The air was filled with the smell of rutting mangos from the trees outside the school compound.
A light breeze blew and ruffled my shirt and tickled the tendrils of my hair on my ears. A sigh escape my lips at the invigorating breath of air. Lightening spiked through the darkened sky and followed by a clap of thunder. 
As the rain increased in its intensity, the sizzling symphony of billions of chops felt like the rain and the wind and sounds was percolating in me, right down my very bone.
Few minutes later, the rain lessened and the noise faded into a musical chime. As quickly as it started it was all over.
The sun came out again casting beams of light across the mango trees, steam rose slowly from the grass. It rose up eerily and drifted mist-like towards the molten - golden sun.
Anytime it rained so heavy, we that reside across the Riverside finds it difficult to go home. we would wait for the flood that often overflow the Wooden bridge to subside before we could cross.

I took my bag and head through the door to the corridor. The image of the rain stayed with me all the way home. 

Post a Comment

2 Comments