Founded by Prince Ezeabata Chibuzor in 2019 in University of Abuja is an initiative that brings writers, upcoming writers, poets and young Nigerians who are keen and eager to grow their creative skills and develop their interests in Creative writing. It aims at building a generation of young people who shall be relevant, and innovative for the future. ACW is a world were excellence and success is celebrated.

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

WINNER, JULY EDITION OF THE MONTHLY WRITERS SERIES.


MERCY BABALOLA TOLUWAFE, poem THE DARK NIGHT wins the JULY EDITION OF THE WRITERS SERIES. 




My Dark nights

Since I returned from a trip to my village
I haven’t had a nice sleep...
I have been having horrifying Nightmares
Nightmare that made me shiver in fear
Seeing strange images I can’t even describe
Hearing voices and whispers,
I even hear my name been whispered…
This past night had been a night of horror for me

I couldn’t believe my eyes last night
I saw a big black bird staring at me in the eyes.
I screamed at the fearsome sight
The other night, I saw my self running from a scary looking man…
he was dressed in a strange costume.
When I woke up I was breathing heavily.
As I walked home that evening,
I heard footsteps behind me…
I was gripped with fear…
Strange images are replaying in my head
As I write… my hand trembles… my body shivers

As I write this evening, I await new horror
Fear has become my friend…
As I write, it sited close to me
I am been haunted by unseen things
I am beginning to loose myself
My fears has started to feed on me
I could feel darkness around me
Am drowning in deep fear.

I am alone in my fears
I feel my heart is going to jump out of me
Please help me…
save me from this darkness
But, there was something I didn’t tell you at beginning
I entered into the sacred evil shrine in my village
Now, I am been tormented by black magic,
Cause of my boldness…
Am living in fear and terror.

© Mercy Babalola Toluwafe 
ACW Monthly Writers Series, 
Winner July Edition. 


Post a Comment

0 Comments