Founded by Prince Ezeabata Chibuzor in 2019 in University of Abuja is an initiative that brings writers, upcoming writers, poets and young Nigerians who are keen and eager to grow their creative skills and develop their interests in Creative writing. It aims at building a generation of young people who shall be relevant, and innovative for the future. ACW is a world were excellence and success is celebrated.

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

ACW-UA POETRY : "For thy sake I celebrate", by Ogbu Franklin D Sacrosanct.


 For thy sake I celebrate

By 

O.C. Franklin 


Alas! We are 60 years today,

And the world believe it's a special day,

But celebration is absent in my neighborhood,

For there's nothing much but memories of my childhood,

When we use to assemble at the Local government,

And receive the handshake of the chairman of our government.


What shall we celebrate today again?

When my mother no longer make much gain,

For her pure water business is going down,

Because electricity tariffs is for those in town,

Who can pay without breaking a sweat,

Not us who eat what we ate.


Oh! Noooo... It's six decades already,

And it still seem like we ain't ready,

To take our position in the community of greatness,

For all we can boast of is togetherness,

Which might not pass the test of referendum,

Because we no longer know our habendum.


We must celebrate I said to those in my ring, 

Not for the achievements of our king,

But for thy sake Mazi Kaycee Madu,

For all you do,

And for all those like you within and away,

Who make the world give us a better pay.


Indeed there was a country,

For this is almost like a poultry,

Because our feed is from the pan feeder,

And our gratitude to our breeder,

Who have won the electoral gamble,

At the cheering and fearing tumble.


What shall I say still?

When all our struggle end in utility bill,

Or should I keep crying for Southern Kaduna?

Or just weep for Borno and Zuna?

Not anymore please,

Cos I am no longer at ease.


Oh! Yes my hand have decided to stand attention,

And my bleeding pen is in position,

To start writing against the ills of our time,

Just like Achebe and the others in their prime,

For my mentor Soyinka is well stricken in age,

And have lost his golden pen on stage.


A OUT THE POET. 



Mazi Franklin Chinagorom Ogbu popularly known as Lord Sacrosanct is a poet, author and IT Expert. He bags a degree in Law from the University of Abuja and was a High Court Judge of the University of Abuja, Students Union Government. 





Post a Comment

3 Comments