Founded by Prince Ezeabata Chibuzor in 2019 in University of Abuja is an initiative that brings writers, upcoming writers, poets and young Nigerians who are keen and eager to grow their creative skills and develop their interests in Creative writing. It aims at building a generation of young people who shall be relevant, and innovative for the future. ACW is a world were excellence and success is celebrated.

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

ACW-UA POETRY : "BrokenšŸ’”" by Nwobodo Dominic. A poem dedicated to those lovers who in the midst of thorn and cuts love, but how long will they love?

BROKEN 
by
 DOMINIC NWOBODO.

I wish I could HOLD your smile
That bloom a moon, 
But the sea's tide
No longer prod the ship;
I've dug my royal pen
In the belly of time
Where anus is unmasked, 
The ship will never kiss the shore. 

©Nwobodo Dominic

#ACW-UA#


PARAPHRASED COPY

I wish I can hold your smile(I wish I can feel and know that you love me the way I do)

That bloom a moon(that bring joy and happiness and gladness)

But the sea's tide(barriers and other factors)

Never prod the ship( won't allow my dream of us being together come to fruition. Imaginatively , The ship symbolize the love. Since the sea's flow is too ductile, it doesn't encourage(prod) the ship to flow. Intristically, the happenings around disrupt the poet's love dream from coming to light).

I've dug my royal pen
In the belly of time( I've reflect and done very deep pondering with my poem all the time)

Where anus is unmasked( where all secrets are later unveiled. The poet believe in the adage that says time unfold every secret. He has waited to see if the lady he chose to lived with in the island of his dream is actually what she portrayed to be and the attainability of them being together)

The ship will never kiss the shore( it is now obvious to him that His love dream is only a mirage, that is, it can never work..

©nwobodo DominiKo

Dominic Nwobodo with his pen name #Dominiko is a leading poet and spoken word orator, in University of Abuja. He is a student of English and Literature and a prominent member of ACW-UA, in the Department of ACW-UA POETRY. 
This poetry piece titled BROKON šŸ’” is among his love series. 


©
2020
ACW-UA POETRY DEPARTMENT

Post a Comment

1 Comments