Founded by Prince Ezeabata Chibuzor in 2019 in University of Abuja is an initiative that brings writers, upcoming writers, poets and young Nigerians who are keen and eager to grow their creative skills and develop their interests in Creative writing. It aims at building a generation of young people who shall be relevant, and innovative for the future. ACW is a world were excellence and success is celebrated.

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

December 2019 Presidential Address

TO THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF ASSOCIATION OF CREATIVE WRITERS - UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA- (ACW-UA) AND STUDENTS OF THE GREAT U of A

The year far spent has indeed proved itself a remarkable one in the hearts and minds of all Acwuans.
It was a  year when  seeds were sown and the earth were toiled.
A year each and everyone of us can remember with a mind of courage, inspiration and zeal.

In the words of Alexander Francis Agbo, an Acwuan, he said,  "I found nothing so complacent within my firmament to do bracket the world with, rather than being just a mare place of assignment. A place where we all have come to lay bare our contributions"
This quote shall I stand on to buttress my points.

However, I shall first  celebrate you on your success to the next level most especially the graduates in our midst who signed out recently. I celebrate you. Congratulations to you all.

It' is important for me to address you, that ACW-UA is a family with licit protocols all module operands are to be  strictly obeyed and all geared towards Upholding the role of the pen.

On the Quote above, I have these few words to say.
"Be inspired, be motivated, be energized to be the best of yourself".
Like I say, and would always say, there are many a  young who are gifted, talented and skilled but unfortunately all deposits of theirs are laid to waste due to proper directions and provisions.
It is therefore, important that we guide and furnish our hearts into becoming that excellency we wish to be. Perfect your skills, anything you find your hands to do, do so well.

It does not matter your background, age, caste, status or gender, what matters is your Mind, you can make a difference. You can change the lineage and rewrite the narrative.

One of my favorite quotes reads, "what's in you makes you and not who you are". 
What's it you is your attitude, your mind, your belief system, your choice and your decisions but who you are is made by what's around you, your status, background and  environment. et certra.
"The mind is your greatest asset". Use it well, fashion your mind effectively.
Do not be intimidated by others nor let others success plant seeds of fear or envy in you. Rather, pray, hope and work for yours. Everyone has different paths to tread on.

I graduated from Secondary School in year  2016. My friend whom we graduated together had an excellent WAEC result which was contrary to mine and got admitted to the University, with so ease.

These was the most terrifying moments of my  life. My WAEC was bad, with a D5 and E8 in Literature and Government respectively.
That same year UNN, didn't give me admission.

The following year 2017, I sat for WAEC and you know what my WAEC result was the most excellent in the school coupled with 265 Jamb score. Unfortunately, 2017 was catastrophic to me, Uniben denied me Admission.
On night my father told me, " You failed."
" I shall go to Zuba College of Education as I so unserious".
That year, I applied for a teaching job which I did till I got admission to study my dream and passionate course law at University of Abuja, with 278 in Jamb.

Now, I am in University studying Law.

I Founded ASSOCIATION OF CREATIVE WRITERS.

The President and CEO of ASSOCIATION OF CREATIVE WRITERS - University of Abuja - (ACW-UA).

SSA to the SUG on Students Welfarism.

One time  PS to the fmr LAWSAN President.

Secretary to the then  LAWSAN PRESS COMMITTEE.
and
Recipient of NUESS 2019 Award of Excellence .
All in 100level, below the age of twenty (20).
Feats I had attained which senior and alumni students may not or have not attained.

I share this with you to inspire and motivate. Do not compete with others just be the best of yourself and be determined with the right choice.

More so, do not think you have failed it or drift off the rail their is still a huge chance to do better.

In everything you do be Humble. Humility will take you far. Be disciplined. Be determined and be never neglect the Almighty.
Never do things that shall cause pain and hurt to others. Be upright in anything you do. Be apologistic when the need arise and not adamant to your  errs, no one is a perfect being.

Many young students have this mindset of "make I graduate first. After school...", but, can I tell you?
Anything you will be tomorrow, starts now. Plan and indulge  God in all your endeavors.

Research has shown that over 90% of students in University and College reads no other books other than their Text books.
This is actually unimpressive, little wonder African Youths are poor mentally, emotionally and empty in spirit.

Read. Read. Read. Books would grow you, build you and mould you.
Make new friends and take new positive moves.
Let me aver your mind to note that, 2020 is the beginning of a decade. In this decade many things will happen. Lives will either be impaired or repaired. The choice is yours.
Whatever we do today have a way of get up to us tomorrow either good or bad.
Sometimes, do ask yourself, "In the next 5 to 10years, how would my life be?". 
If you do things without respect for the future, then the future will treat you with contempt.

Final note, in all you do get wisdom and understanding.
Wisdom will place you above your peers.
On of my old quotes reads "Why not lead the multitude instead of following the multitude". 
I would round off with this, Aspire to acquire. 



✍✍✍✍✍
*PRINCE EZEABATA CHIBUZOR*
chibuzorprince360@gmail.com

▪Founder ASSOCIATION OF CREATIVE WRITERS.

▪President /CEO ASSOCIATION OF CREATIVE WRITERS - University of Abuja - (ACW-UA)

▪SSA to the SUG on Students Welfarism. 

▪PA to the Fmr LAWSAN President.

▪Fmr Secretary to LAWSAN Press.



*SHARE AND REBOARDCAST*

Post a Comment

0 Comments