Founded by Prince Ezeabata Chibuzor in 2019 in University of Abuja is an initiative that brings writers, upcoming writers, poets and young Nigerians who are keen and eager to grow their creative skills and develop their interests in Creative writing. It aims at building a generation of young people who shall be relevant, and innovative for the future. ACW is a world were excellence and success is celebrated.

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

ACW-UA CHRONICLES : I wish I haven't known him. Episode 7.

 EPISODE 7.
I bagan to be happy nowadays, i was not secluded like before. Mother has noticed some strange attitudes in me lately and once asked me the reason behind it but i did not say exactly.
Every night i think about Johnson before going to bed and i just could not wait to meet him in school the following day.
      It was known throughout school that he is dating me the "HolyHoly girl". My friend Ene do not want me moving with him and this made us quarrel and we stopped talking to each other.
                                          ******************
Mother noticed that i now return home late from school and i told her one or two excuses knowing i spent the hours at Johnny's place. Not Until one evening around 4pm when i returned, Mother was in an unusual mood, she looked worried and tapped her right foot on the cemented floor as she rested her head on her palm.
"Good evening mom" i greeted.
Mother did not answer.
"Mom, I'm greeting you"
"Why are you coming by this time?" mother asked. "and i want you to tell me the truth"
"Mom! I told you last week we organised an after school lesson for ourselves" I lied and hoped it sound real.
"Come here child" Mother said and i came closer.
"Sit down" she said and sat down close to mother.
"Juliet." Mother callled.
"Yes Ma" i answered. My heart pound, so many thought ran through my mind.
"Does Mother knows i now have a boyfriend?" i thought.
"What's is his name? " mother asked staring at me.
"l........ I don't understand Mom" i stammered. "who... What are you talking about? "
"Is it true about what I of you in school? " mother asked.
"NO! What are you talking about?"
"That you are following boys in school? "
"no mom, it's all lies. Who told you that? " I asked. " l know its Ene don't mind her, she's jealous of me. We are no longer talking anymore."
"Why" asked mother.
I framed up a story for mother and she trusted and believed me.

Post a Comment

0 Comments